How To Sucessfully Navigate Your Business Through The ATO’s Upcoming Employment Contracting Law Changes
Whether you like it or not, there are some huge changes coming to the private healthcare industry
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) has you and your small business square in their sights, and you’ve got to be prepared for these changes.
The harsh reality is that the ATO sees the fact that you sub-contract your associates as a version of an “employee agreement” NOT a sub-contractor agreement.
In fact, the ATO calls these “Sham Contracts”.
This presents a very real problem for thousands of clinics around Australia.
Don’t believe it?
Ask the three allied health clinics that have just settled out of court in 2020 for cases brought against them for this exact same issue. .
The days of sub-contracting your associates are coming to an end.
There are several daunting thoughts and questions that many clinic business owners immediately have when faced with the prospect of not having subcontractors, and shifting to the employment model.
- How and where do I even begin with this?
- What are MY rights as the clinic owner?
- How can I make sure I don’t lose money with poorly performing associates?
- How can I plan my clinic for a more secure future?
- How do I introduce this without losing my team?
And these are only a few of the questions we get!
Thankfully, there is a solution!
Your concerns have been heard before, and dealt with over the past 6 years within several highly successful clinics in Australia.
We know the upcoming changes to the law and exactly what you need to do about it, and (literally) remove 99% of the stress, cost and hassle of “switching” from sub-contractor to employment models in your clinic.
Can you do this by yourself?
Sure. We did.
But it will come at a significant cost to you in time and management errors.
But it takes some WORK.
Emerge from this as a stronger clinic
We’ve done the “employment thing” successfully for years, and helped a LOT of clinics succeed in this framework, and we’re confident that we can help you navigate these changes, while becoming a better clinic.
“Innovation and determination coupled with years of experience have played a part in Jade becoming an industry leader.
The Employment workshops are an excellent foundation and foray into a world ‘beyond the subcontractor’. Jade knows how to cultivate a successful team of employee’s and takes this understanding into running an extremely thorough program with practical implementation.
No stone is left unturned and support is aplenty at every stage throughout and beyond. If you’re serious about operating your business as a real business, these workshops will set you on the right path as well as save you lots of time and $$”
“I having been working closely with Jade over the last 8 months. Over that period, I have found her to be extremely professional, knowledgeable, patient and supportive. She has helped to transform me into a better person and a better businessman and her advice has helped to grow my business enormously.
Her perspective and insights were extremely valuable. and here course is a MUST-do event for EVERYONE in business. Highly recommend. 11/10!”
“Jade has a strong unwavering passion for her professional work, her business and mentoring others.
Through tried and tested methods in practice management, growth and success, she has developed an admirable platform for her employees and staff to thrive. Her business model has set a benchmark in the allied health industry.
Her devoted approach to mentoring others is simply selfless, and helps others develop their own endeavours with confidence and clarity. There is no one better in private practice coaching and I am proud to call her my life-long mentor.”
What do you get?
You’re getting 8 years of solid work handed to you on a platter, to make all aspects of Practice GrowthRx as seamless as possible, including:
1. Automated Calculation Spreadsheet
(This one single document alone is worth the entire course fee)
- Helps establish an achievable career pathway for your team
- Can be used to assess the performance of existing practitioners to determine which Award Level is applicable, should you decide to change their remuneration model
- Allows you to calculate and predict minimum patient numbers needed to sustain award wages
- Allows you to calculate incentive target KPIs to help employees with valuable reflection and encourage career growth
- Provides a quick and easy overview employee expenses in relation to clinic revenue
- Helps eliminate financial risk by projecting employee costs and annual revenue predictors. The spreadsheets and resources provided ensures the model is a viable option for your current business or future vision.
2. Practical Examples Using The Spreadsheet
- Full description and explanation of how to use the spreadsheet
- Practical examples using your own data
- Group breakout discussions and peer support
- Revision of current employment awards
3. Practice Management Tutorials & Bonuses
While we understand that all clinics are different, there are several things that we believe all clinics should understand, especially if transitioning to an employee model, these include:
- A bonus structure agreement form to accompany your employment contracts
- Complimentary mentoring tutorials and productivity lists to help motivate your team
- Current evidence and trends on delivering constructive feedback, incentivise your team and staff retention
BONUS one hour one-on-one course view with Jade Scott at completion of the course to ensure you are confident moving forward.
In short, our job is to remove the headaches, uncertainty and stress surrounding clinic growth and employment. We will help you build the solid foundations to a strong, profitable future in private practice.
Our tried and tested model has now helped over 135 owners regain control and start profiting from their business.
We WILL save you a fortune in errors/mistakes.
What about payroll?
YES, we’ve got that covered too!
The workshop comes with all calculation spreadsheets and explanations required to run the figures through payroll and implement the new incentives model.
We show you how these can be used to effectively and safely grow your business.
Automated Calculation Spreadsheets And Additional Forms Include:
- Remuneration calculation spreadsheet
- Fortnightly payroll calculation spreadsheet
- Holiday leave spreadsheet
- Patient numbers spreadsheet
- Cancellation rate spreadsheet
- Rebooking rate spreadsheet
- New patient register example
- Leave request form
Our job is to provide you with all the tools necessary to support healthy business growth, a total remuneration restructure, or change in direction.
But – the biggest benefit you will gain is the ability to CONTROL your clinic and your FUTURE.
Enrol now and find out why so many clinic owners are moving towards this model today.
Book your place now!
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if I should only enrol in workshop 2, or enrol in both workshops?
Workshop 2 is focuses on determining whether you can financially sustain the patient numbers needed to achieve the Award Based Salaries and is a perfect introduction to incentivising staff. Our invaluable Calculation spreadsheet offered in this Workshop will save your hours of time and money. It facilitates setting KPIs for your employees and a Career Pathway to assist in staff retention and getting the best out of them long term.
Once this is established, Workshop 3 provides you with in depth examples and spreadsheets necessary to implement this change through Payroll, tracking your KPI and Clinic Statistics to increase profit, and BONUS Business Coaching with both Jade Scott and Naomi Hill to assist with the smooth transition of this process.
How do I know if I’m blurring the line between subcontractor & employee?
1) Does the subcontractor have their own business cards in the front reception in their business name or in fact are they using your business email address and their cards are in fact your business cards with their names on it? (.i.e. If I was seeing your business is it… email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. When I pay for services do I pay at the front reception or directly to the sub contractor? Most likely it’s the front reception.
With these two simple questions you can start to see how this blurs the line…